How to Write an Narrative Essay
In an Narrative Essay you want tell a story by writing about an event or experience that you have had. Use descriptive language to express yourself and tell your story in way that captures your reader?s attention.
Tips and Guidelines:
1. Decide on an event or experience in your life you will be writing about. You will be telling the story from your perspective. Start with the basics: who, what, when, and where. Narrative essays rely on descriptive writing.
2. Use richly descriptive language to begin sharing details. Tell your story in a way that helps your reader visualize what happened and feel connected to it.
3. As you continue to tell the story, stay close to the most important details. It is easy to get sidetracked and your narrative can become ?rambling.?
4. A narrative essay usually has a turning point where the most intense point (climax) of your story occurs. This is where something dramatic happens or where something profound is understood at last.
5. In the concluding paragraph, you will reflect on the overall lesson or impact of the experience you?ve been describing. This is where the significance of your story shines through.